Question:
How to dress better/reinvent myself for high school?
2013-07-30 15:42:33 UTC
I'm going to high school and I want to reinvent myself.
Everyone in middle school thought I was awkward.
They just think I'm weird.
I like to dress tomboyish but I also want to look good.
I'm an artist.
I am shy.
My favorite color is army green.
I have VERY curly blonde hair.
Any ideas for clothes or reinventing in general?
Four answers:
Apple
2013-07-31 23:04:51 UTC
I personally feel that its a very healthy thing to try out new things. Since you're creative it might be hard for other less creative people to understand your style. Start working on being more confident so that you can really work whatever you are wearing. Here are some articles to help you with clothing and hair ideas etc.Don't be afraid to be different - do what makes YOU happy. Also the articles are for different styles that you can have just pick one or change up once in a while! Once you have chosen one research more about it!

The Cute Tomboy

http://www.wikihow.com/Be-the-Cute-Tomboy

http://answerology.seventeen.com/index.aspx/question/79026_How-can-i-dress-to-look-good-but-still-have-a-tomboy-look.html

More Edgy

http://www.wikihow.com/Be-Edgy

CASUAL CHIC

http://voices.yahoo.com/5-easy-ways-look-casual-without-sacrificing-style-11542430.html

http://www.chictopia.com/photo/show/325425-Dressing+comfortably+without+sacrificing+style-black-leggings

More Feminine

http://www.lenapenteado.com/2013/01/how-to-dress-feminine-feminine-style/

The Camo Print

http://www.lenapenteado.com/2012/11/how-to-wear-the-camo-print-look-of-the-week/

More Sophisticated

http://www.wikihow.com/Dress-Sophisticated-when-You-Are-a-Teenager

Makeup can help a little bit with any style but being in high school its essential not to over do it. If youre going for feminine lipgloss and mascara. edgy would mean some colorful eyeliner, tomboyish would mean chapsstick and eyeliner. Just type whatever style makeup you want into YouTube and you will find it! While you're at it look at some easy hairstyle videos since a hairstyle can change your entire look.
watkin
2016-10-21 03:52:21 UTC
So... you lik ewanna re-journey your self or something? properly you need to properly be something rocker, nerd , prep , jock all those you'd be note sturdy and undesirable yet you likely pick some varieties. once you %. a form then basically artwork on that sort . anybody thinks there dull i'm constructive your no longer haha. suitable Outfit..? properly because your no longer doing it for absolutely everyone then what outfit do you locate that you imagine can make you the happiest and make you experience wonderful the first day? i'm wearing a mini skirt and a accurate and turn flops no longer something particular fairly. sturdy success!!!! i am going to hs too :D
Wright
2017-02-27 12:27:48 UTC
That really will depend on the individual, some people can easily color there hair Blonde and seem very nice, the same with Dark-colored. It all truly depends on your current skin tone
2013-07-30 18:30:55 UTC
If you are looking to fit in with a certain crowd and they all shop at the same stores then shop there too. Yes, this even includes the "artsy/cool" crowd...

Without knowing your body type and measurements I can't give specific advice on what would look best on you. If you like army green as a color and dressing tomboyish you could try an ARMY/NAVY surplus store to get cheap thin green army jackets that you could sew your own patches on etc. And some combat boots for fall/winter time. But pair any of that stuff with more girly, feminine clothes and makeup so you don't look too manly or standoffish.

Have a few comebacks prepared for if anyone notices your change and tries to say something insulting. Also do your best to act confident and carefree.

You'd probably enjoy school more if you could just find a couple people that get you for who you really are and don't care what you look or dress like...but it wouldn't hurt to seem to blend in a bit if you happen to be surrounded by rude, dumb people. Just be sure that you only SEEM to blend in with them, reinvent your image not your true self.